There are many things to consider when choosing your ceremony location and even your ceremony time.
Questions to consider for your choice of ceremony location can include –
- Is the ceremony area located in a public space?
- Will you be happy if there are people there watching or do you prefer an intimate, secluded location?
- Will there be a lot of noise in the area from traffic or other businesses? Is there a school near by that will have the bell ring and dismiss students right at the start of your 3 p.m marriage ceremony if on a week day?
- Can all of my guests access the area? Are there steps or uneven ground that may make it difficult for some guests?
- Is there parking near by?
- Is there shade for those extremely hot days and shelter if it’s windy or raining?
- Do you need to book with the local council or administration body such as National Parks?
- Can my Celebrant use a public address system?
- Can I have amplified music playing?
- Will your guests have far to travel to the reception or would you prefer to have the ceremony at a reception center so that everything is organised. Reception/function centers allow guests to mingle after the ceremony, relax and settle in to the surroundings without having to travel to the next destination.
- Are there other big events on for the same date that may effect traffic, parking, road closures.
- The time of year can influence the sun light and timing for photographs.
If you’re looking for a special location to have your Heartfelt Marriage Ceremony ask me for my recommendations for locations in and around the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Hunter Valley or Jervis Bay areas. We are so lucky to have many beautiful places to hold your ceremony right here on our door step. Couples really have so many options to consider.